Friday, September 08, 2006

The instructions seemed so simple...

  1. Find control panel on thigh, on the left side of left leg
  2. Unscrew control panel door
  3. Find "Care" button
  4. Switch to "Off" position

I think I'd better call the Help Desk, because although I flicked that switch to the "Off" position a couple of weeks ago, it hasn't worked yet.

I still care.

Caring, however, is one thing. Hope is altogether something else. By now, I've found that I've completely exhausted my supply of that particular...

...hey, what's that? Laying on the floor over there...got some kind of inscription or lettering on it...I think it reads:

H...O...P...E

Wait, there's a bit more...

L...E...S...S

Alright, just kidding about that last part. The Giants previous too-many-teams-in-front-of-them-to-overcome syndrome has vanished, leaving them with one, single team in front of them, only a tantalizing two and one-half games in front. Just imagine if Armando Benitez had simply not blown one of those saves earlier in the season...well, while we're at it, let's imagine world peace, too, and short lines at the DMV.

No comments: