Saturday, April 09, 2005

Yes! No! YES!

Boy, talk about playing with folks' emotions. About as up and down as a day could be...
  • Moises Alou lands on the 15-day DL. There's a plethora of things I could say to this, but I'm going to go with: ARGH! But you know what's the oddest thing? I don't really know if this is really a bad thing for the Giants or not. Call it a gut feeling, along with the knowledge that Jason Ellison being in the game defensively is obviously a lot better than Alou -- oh, along with the fact that I have yet to see Alou do anything offensively for the Giants as of yet. I've seen Ellison do something, at least.
  • Alright, so we know that Lowry can be competitive, but some nasty, nasty numbers from last night's game. 109 pitches while only pitching six complete innings, and only two strikeouts vs. three walks. Flipside: five shutout innings, only four hits given up, only 2 runs allowed. Hm, let's call that even...with cautious optimism. Tinged with a little doubt. Whatever.
  • Giants with a 7-0 lead. Rockies score 8 in one inning. Giants down 8-7. Giants win 10-8. Like, whoa, or something.

I had a nice little post for Friday until Blogger had a hiccup and my work went ka-poot-ie. No, ka-poot-ie may not be a word, but that is the sound I heard when I tried to publish the post. That's my story, sticking to it.

I'm glad I didn't get to publish that post, because, of course, half of what I said in it turned to mush in Friday's game. Christiansen pitched a perfect ninth for the win. The Giants scored 10 runs (caveat: this was the Rockies, people). Matheny is like, getting hits and stuff.

The bullpen is obviously still a huge worry, which is something I said in Thursday's post. This is-it-my-turn-to-be-bad rotation the bullpen is on is very, very scary. Scott Eyre looked very sharp in his first outing, horrible in his second. Tyler Walker and Jim Brower have looked like boo-boo in both of their appearances. Jason Christiansen has a good one and a bad one. Herges...well, need I continue? The only warm fuzzies from the bullpen have been Armando Benitez' only outing, and...Jeff Fassero. Yeah. You expect me to be confident with half the warm fuzzy feelings from the bullpen coming from Jeff Fassero?

It's late, I'm up, I shouldn't be, so I'm gonna go. Have a great weekend, everybody!

No comments: